|Title:||Comte de Langeron reports|
|Collection No.:||MSN/COL 7901|
|Creator:||Comte de Langeron, Alexandre-Claude-Nicholas, b. 1732|
|Creator:||Bart, Philippe François|
|Creator:||Clugny de Nuits, Jean Étienne Bernard, 1729-1776|
|Extent:||3 documents; 1 container|
|Language:||Collection material in French|
|Repository:||University of Notre Dame. Hesburgh Libraries, Department of Special Collections. 102 Hesburgh Library, Notre Dame, IN 46556|
|Abstract:||Retained copies of official reports written in 1762-63 from the Caribbean colony of Saint-Domingue by the Comte de Langeron, a French army colonel.|
Clugny de Nuits, Jean Étienne Bernard, 1729-1776
Comte de Langeron, Alexandre-Claude-Nicholas, b. 1732
Bart, Philippe François
France. Armée -- History -- 18th century -- Sources
Restrictions: There are no access restrictions on this collection
Preferred Citation: Comte de Langeron Reports, Department of Special Collections, Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame.
Acquisition and Processing Note: The Langeron reports were purchased by the Hesburgh Libraries in 2005, from William Reese Co. of New Haven, Connecticut. Arranged and described 2006, by George Rugg. Finding aid 2009, by Jacob Baska and George Rugg.
At the time the letters and memoranda in this collection were written, Alexandre-Claude-Nicholas, Comte de Langeron (b. 1732) was colonel of the régiment Royal-Barrois, stationed in the French colony of Saint-Domingue in the Caribbean. Langeron was from a notable military family. He and the approximately 400 members of the Royal-Barrois arrived at Saint-Domingue in December 1762, towards the end of the Seven Years War. They were stationed on the north coast of the colony, at Cap François (present-day Cap Haitien in Haiti). They remained in Saint-Domingue through the end of the war, returning to France in July 1765.
The collection consists primarily of retained copies of reports written by Langeron from Saint-Domingue in 1762-63.
The collection is arranged one document per folder.